Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tuesday, Sunny and Cool.

Blessings Darlings!

We haven't quite gotten this 'shop only once a week' thing down yet.  Between the store pick up/delivery stuff being dicey and ... well, me being unable to estimate how much half and half we use in a week right now, we're at shopping every 6 days rather than every 7 or more days.  The Spawn is out shopping today, with a long list and vowing to hit several stores.  I'd sort of rather that he'd hit just one and get what he can there, but he's a grown man and able to make his own decisions. 

Even if he disagrees with me.

The storms of yesterday have moved out, it's sunny but WAY cooler today.  I need to get the hills for the potatoes set up and then plant the potatoes in them.  I started more seeds yesterday - more basil since what I planted before didn't sprout, and I've little hope in these seeds either, new seeds/new packets of sweet bell peppers and cayenne peppers.

Today I finished making hills for my potatoes, and planted the seed potatoes in them.  For once - I had the exact amount of seed potatoes that I needed.  It's a miracle!   I'd like to make the hills taller and wider, but at least they are started.  These are white potatoes.  It's a month too early to plant the sweet potato slips, unless I do them in pots and take them in on cold night.  And the next week or so is going to have COLD nights, so ... nope.

Next in the garden I'll probably direct seed spinach, and transplant the radishes.

Spawn shopped - Aldi's had everything on the list except flour.  And I don't have a DESPERATE need for that yet.  So we're good for another 5 or 6 days, depending on when we run out of milk.

Yesterday I spend 5 minutes on my exercise bike.  Knees weren't happy, so I stopped.  Knees weren't thrilled all last night.  Knees are downright pissy today.  Well, I got a data point, didn't I?   

w00t!  First fight with my husband during quarantine!  Will the good times NEVER end?

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment