Thursday, April 2, 2020

Achin' Bacon.

Blessings, Darlings!

Now the turnips are sprouting!

Dear Gods, my back went crazy after the garden work yesterday.  Along with putting cardboard down, I'd forked up and removed some grass from the already-established garden.  My back took serious offense at that.  But my knees didn't!  I really have to get the hubby and spawn doing more of this. 

I wasn't this out of shape last year at this time.  Last year I was working on regularly, losing weight, all those good things.  Then ... I stopped going to the gym to save $ because it was clear that at the very least my hours at work would be cut back.  And then they were.  And three months after that, business at work dropped again, due to the virus.

It's a good thing I put bricks on the cardboard yesterday, rather than relying on 'thoughts and prayers' - today is extremely windy, and everything is staying in place.

The Spawn shopped today - a day earlier than I expected that he would.  So the list he shopped with was, at best, 'incomplete'.  He spent $16 on what he thought were necessities.  But no lunch stuff, no salt (we're out of table salt to refill things, but have superfine and kosher), no provolone, etc.  We'll just have to wait a week for those. Oh, and no egg roll wrappers - we'll have to make our own.  Excuse me, *I* will have to make our own.  I'd better start the bean sprouts for the egg rolls, too.  We're smoking some pork shoulder tomorrow, and while we'll use most of it for bbq sandwiches, 9 oz of it will go into a big batch of egg rolls. 

Wintercress/creasy greens FTW! Using them as a Bi Bim Bap veggie today. Using it for 'spinach' crepes sometime this weekend.  Getting all the veggies ready for the BBB is a bowl-intensive thing.  Prepping them, and then washing everything afterwards, is a work intensive thing.  But it came out amazing.

I'm taking my achin' bacon to bed now.  Sleep tight.

Frondly, Fern


No comments:

Post a Comment