Thursday, April 23, 2020

How's your pantry doing?

Blessings Darlings!

Food is no longer FLYING off the shelves in the grocery stores.  Most things are now stocked when you try to shop.  Not flour, or the mixed veggies I want, not always toilet paper or paper towels, but fresh foods are now easier to find. 

If you have the finances, it would be a good time to re-stock your pantry. 

Yes, I'm one of those folks who are worried about our food supply.  And our economy.  And ... let's face it, it's fair to say that I'm 'a worrier.'  The fact is that my family has had some hard financial times, and it shows.  And with farmers right now dumping milk and letting veggies rot, because our food distribution system isn't easily switching from getting the food that used to go to restaurants to grocery stores, I see this as a problem that isn't going to go away soon.

And, yes, I think that quarantining the population is the ONLY reliable tool we have against the Covid 19 pandemic.  So I support that being in place, while pushing congresscritters to support the 'essential' workers ... with protective gear and better pay and dismissing the student loans of all medical personnel. 

And yes, I'm unemployed due to Covid 19.  So just maybe I feel the financial issues sharply right now.  But I'm restocking as best I can anyway. 

The 'pantry' is just the regular grocery stuff.  I want at least a couple of months of reserves there, at all times.  Pasta.  Pasta sauce.  Flour. Sugar. Coffee. Canned veggies. Dry Chinese mushrooms.  Soy sauce.  Taco Seasoning.  Rice.  Beans.  Canned tomatoes.  You know - the stuff you can make meals out of and survive well enough on. 

But the 'pantry' is just one part of our food reserves.

I'll post about our 'deep reserves' tomorrow.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment