Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Situations not improving.

Blessings Darlings!

The pandemic continues unabated, so of course the administration is talking about disbanding the group they have working on it.

I went out today - had to get mole/vole repellent for the garden, and also hit Aldi's.  While out I also filled my car's leaking tire and filled it's gas tank.  I guess I'm living large. Also paid the electricity, and my health insurance.  Woo hoo!  I'm living large!

The Chubby Hubby is not willing to eat cooked wheat berries, 'they get caught in my tooth, where the filling is missing'.  Cooked mushrooms also do that to him, but he's happy to eat THOSE in a lovely veloute sauce.  Snort.  Since our full year supply of food is based in large part on wheat berries, this is a serious problem.  Sure, they rcan be ground for flour and baked, and we will be making bread.  BUT - eating cooked wheat berries as parts of dishes, from cold salads to stews and soups and beyond, is important, and saves time/energy.   At the very least, if we have a chance, he's going to have to have that filling free cavity filled.

I DO think that things aren't going to improve any time soon, and clearly we're just seeing the beginning of actual shortages of foods now (rather than panic buying having cleared the shelves.)  Executive orders aren't going to get folks sick with Covid 19 on the job.  I don't know when we'll be able to have his tooth fixed, because we live in a hot spot, and this isn't an emergency ... at this time.

Meanwhile, I'm working on re-stocking the house.  I haven't bought any toilet paper, soap, paper towels, or shampoo for me and the Spawn (did get some shampoo for the CH) at all this year.  And we have gone thru' a lot of our canned mixed veggies and canned mushrooms.  So I'm trying to order them every week.  Haven't had any luck getting most of them yet - Walmart is always out of things.  And Aldi has limits on the things I can get there (like only 4 cans of mushrooms each trip.  We use that many every week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment