Friday, May 8, 2020

Freeze coming.

Blessings Darlings!

Our main non-stick fry pan, 10 1/2 inch, needs to be replaced.  So does our 8 1/2 inch one.  So I used my unemployment benefits to get a digital membership to Consumer Reports and have started searching for a replacement.  Walmart carries what I want, but is out of stock on it for now.  Thus we will be using the well-seasoned cast iron fry pans for the foreseeable future.

With the record cold temps heading our way, I just went out in the rain and put cloches over the basil I planted.  Even *I* don't know why I chose to transplant the basil into the main garden before anything else.  It's the most temperature sensitive of anything I'm growing.  Foolish Fern!

I made the cloches by cutting the bottom off of my endless supply of empty 2 liter soda bottles.  I've been collecting them for years.  I use them for all sorts of things.  For this use, they are being held in place by sticks that I put in the ground around the plants.

I'm also using my 'Covid Unemployment check' to help folks with gofundme's and the like.  Especially the local businesses that need help.  We even meant to get a carry out lunch from a local place this week, but we forgot - we never really do that normally, it's just not one of our habits.

Oh, a new groundhog started excavating the den under our front step.  We've put the live trap back in place.  Sigh.

That's it for today.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment