Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers Day, 2020.

Blessings, Darlings!

A special 'Blessings' for all y'all who are missing your mothers today, due to whatever reasons.  Deaths, coronavirus distancing, abuse, 'difficult relationships', etc.  And to those who are missing what you'd have needed or liked your mother to have been when you were a child or now, as an adult, because adults have needs, too.  And to those who would have liked to have been mothers themselves, but life happened differently, if you feel a heavy weight of that.

The Chubby Hubby and I lost our mothers in this past decade, with both of them having issues of blindness, deafness, and Alzheimer's disease for years before they died.  While we miss them - we also 'missed them' during the last 5+ years of their lives.  

Oddly enough - due to coronavirus, this is the first Mothers Day in like 8 years that I actually get to spend with my little nuclear family.  The Spawn and I worked in restaurants for that long.  And men take their mothers and wives to restaurants on Mothers Day.  So Mothers Day was a day we HAD to work, then.  In 'normal' times.  This being 'abnormal', we get to actually enjoy the day.  Since we aren't under awful money pressure, we're ... having a 'fancy' dinner.  Small rib roast (it was on sale), fancy rice, asparagus that was on sale.  Tho' a restaurant in town that is doing carry out now has a Lavender Creme Brulee on their dessert menu, we're going to not pick that up.  We'll work to keep it a Coronavirus Free Day.  We WILL take a walk, down Country Roads, here in West Virginia (someone should write a song about them).  We've yet to pass another walking human being while doing this, so it should be Coronavirus Free.

I HAVE printed out a recipe for it, to try sometime later.  I've no cream nor culinary lavender in the house just now.  And, speaking of 'problems of the comfortable', the provolone cheese has gone moldy.

So, we all walked - again, no others walking at all.  Some cars/pickups passed us.  I harvested some young poke, and have blanched it.  Will eat it tomorrow, we have asparagus for tonight.  Probably over boiled it, actually.  Total distance was about 1 mile.

When we got back from the walk, we discovered that the Spawn's $1200.00 stimulus check in the mail box.  Dunno why they didn't direct deposit it - they direct deposit all his tax refund money.  

Garden update - I'm keeping the cloches on the basil for now.  Today's happiness is that the potatoes are sprouting!  But I'm not sure what I'll do about THEM if we get another frost.  Sweet bell peppers are sprouting in the house, and one seed each of grey squash and crookneck yellow squash have sprouted, along with some cayenne peppers.  So I have great happies.

I ate fruit and peanut butter - and a few tasty crackers - for lunch.  So I'm at 4 servings of fruits and veggies so far today.  I did 10 minutes on the exercise bike, too, to start breaking my ass in to the saddle again, slowly.  Also because last time on it really bothered my knee.  But that was two weeks ago, maybe the knee will take it better this time.  My ass was not amused.

Coronavirus update - it's getting closer to hitting Trump.  One of his valets has tested positive, others in the staff/taskforces have as well.  The head of the CDC, and I think NIH, and Fauci, are in self quarantine.  Stephen Miller's wife has tested positive, which makes me hope he'll end up with bad Covid 19. 

 I'm going to move on towards dinner now. 

Frondly, Fern


No comments:

Post a Comment