Saturday, June 20, 2020

Ecentric Energies.

Fuck, I had most of a post written, and was finishing up with some shit about the Mercury Retrograde screwing up communication, and fucking Blogger erased my entire post.  Irony is some bullshit.

Blessings Darlings!

I guess I'll just have to start this post again.  After I drink some water, because I am also over due on that.  You get yourself some water, too.  I'll be right back.  And, no, my husband has NOT yet made me that little every-half-hour pop-up for my computer, reminding me to drink some water.  It's still my own responsibility, and I'm not doing well at it.

I've been getting lots done in the garden since my last post.  The phone has been ringing a lot. Laundry washed and hung.  The landscape plastic is down.  Replacement tomato plants in.  Many big ass weeds pulled.  Garlic harvested.  12 heads of garlic, and not huge ones at that.  Enough to last us 3 months, IF I didn't want to save some to plant this fall. I discovered that my cucs aren't sprouting because the seeds are 6 years old.  So I went out and bought a few cucumber plants.  Not ideal, but the cucs will still be better than store bought

The internets are full of people going on about new moon, and eclipse, and summer solstice.  And retrogrades.  Retrogrades aren't a thing I worry about - I use their occurrence as a cue to back up computers and check status of insurances and such.  Do the maintenance that you know you should do.  It's not a big deal. 

But, sure, there are a lot of different energies out there, and folks are aware of them.  They also think that they can control them.  Or 'harness' them.  On the whole - they can't.  And add to the not great ability to control or harness the rare assortment of cosmic energy, even I admit that with both Venus and Merc retrograde that communication is more difficult ... you're not going to be clear in your statements of intent.  Being unclear in THAT means your magic is going to be more inclined to fail to begin with.  So my magical focus this weekend is very very very ... grounded.  I'm clearing ground.  I'm putting in seeds.  I'm harvesting what I've sown.  I'm eating what I produced.  I'm sharing it with others.  I'm trying to perfect a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade.

Maybe I just don't have the spoons - or the loom - to weave with these energies.  Maybe as an old white woman it's my time to step the hell back from doing to weaving and let the next generation of weavers take it on, with my support.  Yes, of course I'm struggling, like everyone else, with depression with all the coronavirus disruption and the evidence of failure in progress that my generation produced, as well as my 'usual' depression.

For now, tho', I'm planting cucs and beans and whispering encouragement to my potatoes and beets.  While Florida has just had over 4000 new cases of coronavirus in one day.

It is what it is.

Oh, we're in Fly Season here on the cattle farm.  At this point it's the middle sized slow flies.  I smashed at least 18 of them so far today, and there is at least one more left.  We had the big horse flies two weeks ago.  In about a month, it will be the somewhat smaller but VERY much faster flies.  And there must be some big wasps nests around, too - there were 6 paper wasps eating the clothes pins on my clothes line as I tried to hang clothes today.  I wish that the swallows would do something about them ... except that the wasps eat other bugs. 

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment