Sunday, June 28, 2020

Working on the cast iron pans, day 2.

Blessings Darlings!

The rhythm with the cast iron pans: heat pan 1 minute. Rub oil on.  Wipe off excess oil.  Put in toaster oven outside for 1 hour at high heat (pan upside down).  Let it cool in oven, slowly.  Repeat, like 3 times.

Forget to turn on oven?  Big delay.  Fall asleep?  Big delay.  So I'm still on pan #1.  Of 2. 

It's hot and steamy still.  Like, ya know, summer. 

Have you priced KFC lately?  Holy fuck, the prices have soared.  It's a comfort food for me, which I used to be able to afford at a family level once a year or so.  But I haven't gotten it in a few years due to, ya know, being poor.  I priced it now, and it's even FARTHER out of my reach.  No 'just chicken' buckets available, either.  I'm gutted.  KFC was my first 'real' job.

I just spent the twilight outside, watching the end of the aerobatics display by the barn swallows and the full display of the fireflies.  A wonderful time was had.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment