Monday, March 30, 2020

Lovely Monday

Blessings Darlings!

It is a gorgeous day here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.  68 degrees, sunny, light breezes.  The Chubby Hubby and I went for a walk, after I meditated, got laundry on the line and started the dishwasher (yup, we're American).

I'm going to start today's manure hauling soon.  My current plan is to enlarge the garden, because I never have enough garden space for all my garden dreams, even if I too often have too much garden space for me to work as well as I'd like to.



The back roads here are just FILLED with wild edible plants.  All with the same calorie content as spinach.  They will fill your stomach, but leave you hungry.  For a gardener, beets and spring peas are the earliest veggies that will provide much in the way of calories.  Even strawberries are still  two months away.


If you farm and have animals ... lamb and veal are going to be looking very good to you for the next couple of months.  This my dears, even more than winter, was the hungry time of the year.  Less food with significant calories, while trying to put in crops to feed you later.

Spent a goodly chunk of time on home business stuff today, too. 

Maryland and Virginia stiffened their 'lockdowns', such as they are.

Coronavirus Cases: 783,898 worldwide

Deaths:  37,773 worldwide

US stats
  • Total cases: 140,904
  • Total deaths: 2,405 =  all as of 4 pm yesterday.
While I'm pissed that the Spawn went out and got his car fixed today - as long as he was out I gave him a shopping list of 'household stuff' we needed.

I never said I was the most consistent star in the universe.

Frondly, Fern
 




No comments:

Post a Comment