Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Pagan Year

Blessings Darlings!
There was a bit of a debate about 'names for the full moon each month' in a Facebook group I'm in.  [BTW, if I may be so bold as to make a suggestion - if you say "I've done a huge amount of research on this" .... don't later change your story to "this is my UPG"] 
But I don't name moons, or care to do so.  I look at local plants and animals for my seasonal cues.

Imbolc - is when lambing has started in my area. And when I start seeds indoors

Beltane - is when hawthorn leaves the size of squirrel's ears (your squirrels ears may vary). It's time to transplant tomatoes to the garden.

Lughnasadha - the barley harvest is done, take a breath before the next heavy harvest work. Or .... in MY life .... first tomato is ripe in MY garden. Because there isn't much barley in my area. Wish there was, it would help my beer making.

Samhain - 3 days after the killing frost. Not the one that gets the basil, the one that kills those tomato vines noted in Lughnasadha.

Incidentally, I saw the first goat kids last week. Perfect timing if I celebrated Passover, since one of the songs sung there is "Chad Gadol" which translates as "One Goat Kid"
Frondly, Fern
 

No comments:

Post a Comment