Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Holiday Weekend

Blessings Darlings!

Everyone in the dang house was sick for the Labor Day weekend.  The Spawn was the healthiest, and he was still sick all Saturday - and then worked Labor Day itself, the poor dear.

But I DID manage to do a bit in the garden.  Beans and cucs kept needing to be harvested.  And the poor baby cabbage plants I planted last month were attacked by caterpillars, so I had to do some hunting (I don't think I'll get any cabbages from those plants, tho').  And I planted some fall greens that I do SO hope will come up quickly, grow well, and provide a nice crop, tho' I planted them late.  I planted some lettuce and some spinach so far.  I hope to get some turnips and beets, and maybe radishes, in as well. Even if I only get baby green from them all, they will be a nice addition to our menus!

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment