Monday, May 21, 2012

Biking

Blessings Darlings!

I've been getting more 'butt time' in on my bike - the road bike now, instead of the exercise bike.  While spending some (not enough!) time on the exercise bike over the winter DID do a lot for my legs and lungs ... my ass now has to adjust to a different, narrower, seat and to the bumps in the road.  I am looking forward not only to biking to and from the closer store again soon but to my butt not complaining for days afterwards.  My legs and lungs are ready for the trip now, even with the hills.  My sweet butt is not.  Of course, the closer store has some of the highest food prices of the stores in the general area.  I mostly go to that store for things that they have on loss-leader specials, especially if I can use coupons while there.  This past week was one of those weeks!  The BBQ sauce the family likes to use for a 'baked on' sauce was BOGO AND I had coupons.  It brought the price down to 40 cents a bottle.  I got 4 bottles.  And each bottle had a coupon for "If you buy two bottles, you get $2 off of Kool-Aid," which was ALSO on sale.  The Chubby Hubby likes to drink the Purple flavor (grape flavor it is NOT) so I got two of those for $1 each.  I also got worceshire sauce for 20 cents, using a sale plus a doubled coupon. 

My plan is to start going to the local store by bike only, not car, by next week.  And my further plan is to bike to and from the 10 mile away less expensive stores .... as soon as possible. May the Gods grant that my bike and I haul home lots of equally good bargains over the next year!

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment