Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Exercising Sucks

Do I really need to say more?

Blessings, Darlings!

Today I re-started exercising, for about the 20th time.  As a result, I'm in full whine mode.  My feet hurt, my knee hurts (okay, it has been pissy for the past few days), my arms hurt, my back is getting ready to hurt..... I've taken an ibuprofen so I will be better able to sleep without pain tonight.

I do NOT enjoy exercising.  I like being able to say that I exercised any given day, but that's not been enough to sustain the habit of actually doing it.

Incidentally, by training/degree I'm a Health Educator.  Never mind my overweight, out of shape, high cholesterol/triglycerides/blood pressure self.  I know WHY I should exercise and be fit and eat right.  I just don't do it.

But, again, I'm going to try. I'm also, again, giving up procrastination - yes, starting immediately.

My plan is to get my pasty white ass up every day at 7, brush teeth/wash face/feed cats.  Meditate. Do some warm-up exercises, then get on the exercise bike for 20 - 45 minutes (right now 20, will work up to the 45), then jump in shower, then healthy high protein breakfast, then on with my productive day.  Add another round of exercise in later most days (weights, stuff to increase core body strength, etc) and a walk.

Doing this, I should be in great shape in about 30 years.

Stay tuned.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment