Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunday evening tech down

 Blessings, Darlings!

It's a bright, sunny, but cold day here in my corner of the Appalachians.  Waxing moon.  My cousin Barbara's 80th birthday (Happy birthday!)  Temperature might get up above freezing today.  Or might not.
I've got the dishwasher running, and the second load of laundry in that washer.  Due to the cold weather, the laundry will go into the dryer.  Soon I'll be heading out to work for the day.

While this winter hasn't seemed to be particularly cold - we're certainly going thru' propane at an advanced rate.  I might need to buy more to get thru' the winter, a concept that is intimidating given how high the price all fossil fuels are this year.  Not that I expect them to get much lower in future years, mind you.  But most years I can fill the tank for $900 or so and get thru' a year, while last fall I paid over $1400 and worry that I'll run out.

Chubby Hubby and I had a talk about the propane issue, and he spent the evening trying to get the theoretically programmable thermostat programmed.  He had no success.  So now we're just going to manually change it, morning and evening.  We had been leaving it at 66 degrees all the time.  Now, from about 8 pm to 5:30 am, it will be set to 62 degrees.  Maybe that will help.  And maybe the guys will take shorter showers.  I've been doing that for a while now.

Frondly, Fernm

No comments:

Post a Comment