Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's Zucchini Time!

Blessings Darlings!

So ... Zucchini.

I gave 3 to Suz today (and then we went out and picked blueberries, so I have 9 pounds of those to process).  And I had half a cooked zuc left, and one whole fresh one in the fridge, and then harvested one more.  So my lunch was pasta with the cooked zuc added.

The Chubby Hubby likes to have something hot with his lunches. Often that means leftovers, but as much as possible I steer him to soup.  So I made zucchini soup.  Well, a vegetable soup that featured a lot of zuc.  Three cups water, 4 boullion cubes, one cubed carrot, most a zuc (cubed), and a large handful of dry egg noodles.  He was happy.  He ate some zuc, so I was happy.  There is soup left for tomorrow, so we can be happy again tomorrow.

I may try Suz's recipe of battering sliced zuc, drizzling it with olive oil, and baking it next, because clearly I have to keep coming up with recipes.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment