Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Four Wonderful Years

Blessings, Darlings!

It's almost exactly 4 years since my hysterectomy.  I posted on that sometime before, under the title "Uterus-free womanhood". 

But even without a uterus - and what ever gender or combination of genders we all are - we all have hormone cycles.  Even after menopause.  Even when on hormones (since the body still produces its own), and despite the best work of anti-androgenic meds for those on them.

This afternoon I realized that I was experiencing what would be PMS if I was still menstruating

I had what I've learned over decades of cycles are my classic symptoms:  I was up most of the night Catastrophizing (over bills now, when I was in college it was over grades, when I worked for others it was over job reviews/performance), and I spent the day crabby and practically looking for fights.  Finally I realized what was happening.  I had gone over EVERY bill by then. 

I don't have a clue about how fast or slow my hormones cycle any more.  I'm gonna note this on the calendar and try to keep aware of this more in the future.

Frondly, Fern


No comments:

Post a Comment