Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Secret Stuff

Blessings, Darlings!

Today I started planning for my husband's birthday.  Which is not until the end of August.  But at the end of August he will be in Phoenix at the Microchip Technology MASTERs Conference .... and I will be here on the east coast.

So getting him some birthday on his birthday is going to be a bit of a challenge.  However, since he NEVER reads my blog, I can plan it here safely.

The MASTERs conference - and I'll probably put up banners for it later, we tend to be the 3rd party vendor who out performs everyone else at promoting the conference - gets at least 500 people in attendance.  It used to get about 900, but since then they have started offering them all over the world, so far fewer Europeans and Asians come to the main one.  Still, 500 people in one dining room is a substantial amount of people.

So .. I've e-mailed one contact at  MCHP so far, and tweeted another, and may e-mail yet another.  What I want is for someone to lead the folks eating dinner in singing "Happy Birthday" to the Chubby Hubby.

Now, the fact that this would get a bit more attention to our business at the conference, and the classes that the Chubby Hubby teaches there, isn't the point of this .... but I suppose that type of thing could happen.

I did something like this once before.  Back in 1987 I was very pregnant, and we were on vacation in Oregon.  We were up at Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood.  I could not walk 10 steps without having to stop and rest.  The Chubby Hubby wanted to hike.  I sent him out without me - hiking was NOT an option for me.  It was his birthday.  I called the dining room, made our dinner reservation.  I made sure that they knew it was his birthday, and that his dessert should come with a candle, a group singing, and an extra helping of embarassment.  That night, as I did request, so it was done.

The Chubby Hubby LOVED it.  Ate it up with a spoon.  Loved the dessert, too.

This might be as epic, if I work it right.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment