Sunday, June 14, 2020

Today Gardening is overwhelming

Blessings Darlings!

Dishes washed, laundry going.  Ground coffee beans for the next week.  Just another quarantine Sunday.  Going to have pancakes for dinner, might also make crepes while doing it, and use them for dinner another night.

It's really cool today, 68 degrees at noon.  I'll be out in the garden working in a few minutes.  It is SO DRY here, tho.  Whoops - that 10% chance of rain is a very cold drizzle that started the damn instant I started out the door.  Just enough to stop my from gardening and prevent hanging the laundry.  I sure hope it passes before the laundry is ready to go on the line.  And the temperature has dropped to 60.

1 hour later ... still very very cool out.  Rain stopped, laundry on line.  An hour later yet ... warmer.  I had my cup of coffee outside, and transplanted all of the herbs into proper enough spaces.  "Proper enough" because I found poison ivy growing where I wanted to put some, and I must put effort into eradicating that before some go into their forever spaces.  But they are all in the ground now, so won't be as susceptible to me forgetting to water them.

All the beans planted so far are sprouting.  Need to plant more for dry beans, but not today, says my back.  Also need to harvest the garlic ... some other day.  Should buy a tomato plant or two ... the ones I planted have died, but two volunteers are going in another part of the garden.  So I only need to replace 2 of the 4.  Oh, need to plant cucs, too.  And still need to try to kill off the zoysia grass.

Holy fuck, there's a shit load of stuff to do.

Frondly, Fern


No comments:

Post a Comment