Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June Land Base.

Blessings Darlings!

It's Mid June (or close enough) - what's going on in your land base?
Here we are having occasional HOT days, right now we're on the second of two days in the 90's in a row.  Hay has started to be harvested, the corn is pretty much all planted, wheat harvest has not started yet.
Poison Hemlock is at peak bloom, daisies are blooming nicely, the first of the mullein flowers have been sighted.  And the first thistles are blooming.  Grape leaves are big enough to harvest to make dolmades (and I did harvest them today, on the vines growing wild near Aldi's.  But I had to be careful due to all the poison ivy that likes the same locations.) 
And the cool hours are FULL of the scent of honeysuckle.  Swoon.  One whiff and you know why it's used in love spells!
But it's SO DRY here right now.  I have to water the garden at least every other day.

Atlanta (home of the CDC...) and Arizona are still being ravaged by coronavirus.  I'm still wearing masks when in public, and going out in public rarely.  Being unemployed ... I have that option right now.  Only place I saw that was hiring is the A&W/Long John Silver fast food place, for that matter.  I live in a college town where there won't be students spending money until sometime next year.  Damn right no one is hiring here.

Second U.S. Virus Wave Emerges After State Reopenings
 https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-10/second-u-s-virus-wave-emerges-after-state-reopenings?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=tv&cmpid=socialflow-facebook-tv&fbclid=IwAR1dILU_kgDtG2vCzjxkNVc7GviqrxIkCUNJu-a0tBkCNippi4I60YcEnY0

And if you missed the stories - the US went into recession in February.  Before Covid affected the economy.

Oh! Oh! Oh!  A baby fox just trotted/danced around the cow pastures.

Today was shopping day, so I'm behind on most things in my life.  I'm going to end today's blog here, and go do more dishes.  At least we were able to finish off the leftovers for dinner tonight, instead of them going to waste.

Frondly, Fern



No comments:

Post a Comment