Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Spirits Laughed.

Blessings Darlings!

Today is just a typical day at Chez Fern, with the Big Cooking Project making bone broth (don't worry, it wasn't anyone you knew).  So I add the baked bones to the water, throw in a little vinegar, and add some peppercorns, and I notice that the pepper mill is kind of low on peppercorns.

No problem.  I trot upstairs to the pantry to grab the big bottle of peppercorns.  Ooops - knocked the basil plant, that I had clipped at the soil line and hung up to dry, off of it's support.  Many, many dried basil leaves on the floor.

"Oh, gosh", says I, "What can I store those up?"

Every freaking spirit in the house laughs.  Because that pantry is where about half of my canning jars are.  Apparently the spirits found the rhetorical question amusing.

Insolent Spirits!

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment