Saturday, April 10, 2010

Winter to Summer

Blessings, Darlings!

It's that time of year when I switch my freezer from winter mode to summer mode. Which means that I'm converting all the bones into stock while the weather is cool that I don't run the air conditioning while I reduce the stock for hours.

It also means that any empty space in the freezers are being filled with bags of ice cubes. You see, we had our first Violent Spring Storms the other night - lightening, wind, vicious rain, everything except the tornados. Storms like this bring trees down. Trees down bring down power lines. Downed power lines mean freezers thaw. But they thaw slower if they are full, and ice cubes fill them and are useful in day to day life as well.

I also know where to get dry ice if the power goes, and have a generator, but I really like to cover my bases. And my husband REALLY like REALLY cold drinks. Like in mid summer he puts ice in his milk.

Scary.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment