Monday, April 12, 2010

Life Wellness Monday - How Ya Doing?

Blessings, Darlings!

Here’s an update on how I’m doing on my personal Wellness, since I’ve been blogging about it for the past few months.

Exercise: Been doing it more, not yet up to where I want to end up.
Weights: doing upper body routine twice a week, have gotten past the tendonitis in my left forearm.
Aerobics: Slowed by knee pain that kicked in when I increased the height of the aerobic step. But now it’s a bit less, and doesn’t seem to get worse by step aerobics as long as I just do the old up/down – it’s more a problem with lateral movements. So I’m back to step aerobics a few times a week. Asthma less of a problem since I started to exercise, even with the record amounts of pollen in the air!

Meditation: Was doing daily until the last couple of weeks.

Stress reduction: House we live in was auctioned at courthouse (landlord didn’t pay mortgage), so CAUSES of stress are still there. I’m way calmer, handling stress better.

Financial Wellness: I’ve been going thru’ personal financial papers and such. Posted about the health insurance findings a few days ago. Dropped Long Distance on the business line, we use cell phones for that, except for faxing. Now if we fax – and we haven’t faxed OUT in weeks – we’ll just switch the fax to the house line, which has inexpensive LD still. It was $25 a month to have Long Distance on business line (plus any calls) and it’s $15 a month for Long Distance on the house line (plus calls). HOWEVER – now Verizon has offered a plan for unlimited local plus LD for about what we pay for local only. So may make that change.
May change the husband and son’s cell phone plans, have to do a BIT more research.
Have paid down some bills, have organized paying them down by highest interest rates.

Eating healthy food: Didn’t make enough changes that actually stuck. Yeah, the only beef I’m eating is organic/pastured/etc, but that’s the only change that stayed. I’m hoping that summer fruits and veggies entice more changes! I AM eating all those beans/lentils/etc, of course…..


And how are all y'all doing? Time to check in!

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment