Thursday, July 5, 2018

That Which is Remembered, Lives.

Blessings Darlings!

Today (as I type) would have been my Mother's 102th birthday.  Not coincidentally, it would also have been my uncle Sid's 102th birthday, since they were twins. 

They have already been served their home-made birthday cake.  And before I served THAT I cleaned up more so Mom wouldn't be upset.  Not that she wants ME to clean - she wants me to hire someone to clean. 

Mom and I still have some disagreements, to say the least.  Sid and I probably do, too, but Mom is going to make sure that he keeps his mouth shut about them. This keeps him in the 'benevolent protector' mode he took towards me.  Unlike the mode he was in towards his own kids.

Ancestors that you KNEW are ... so very human.  You know their warts, their weaknesses, their fuck ups.  It's so much easier to only honor the far more ancient ancestors.  If you don't know their actual stories that is.  Knowing them as they were would make them more problematic too, I'm sure.

Happy birthday, Mom and Uncle Sid.  You are remembered.  That which is remembered lives.

Frondly, Fern




1 comment:

  1. Your title reminds me of a line in a book (The Chestry Oak): "Nothing fine and noble will ever dies as long as there are hearts that remember."

    ReplyDelete