Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ham R Us.

Blessings Darlings!

We're not a particularly ham loving family.  I grew up Jewish and wasn't raised on it. My husband likes it on occassion.  My son doesn't like it.

That said ...

I walked into Aldi's to pick up a few groceries yesterday.  They had a few hams, all at $5 each, since today is the 'sell by' date.  I picked up the largest one that was left.  And extra eggs, and a package of English muffins, and a package of sliced American cheese.  I now have 6 'egg McMuffins' in the freezer, Navy bean soup is on the stove, split pea soup is going to be made, as will a ham and scalloped potato casserole.  AND I'll still have ham left over that I'll freeze to cook with later.

I'm glad I had a few extra dollars available! 

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment