Monday, July 9, 2012

Goat Cheese Seduction

Blessings Darlings!

I am a woman on a mission.  The mission is to convert my husband from 'goat cheese hater' to 'goat cheese eater'.  Not necessarily a goat cheese lover, mind you, but a person who will eat it willingly and enjoy it. However by nature he loathes goat cheese, disliking the distinctive goaty acids in them.

As you may have already guessed, I am a goat cheese lover.  I want it around me at all times.  I want it cooked into various dishes, anointing other dishes, spread on crackers, etc.  It enriches my life.

So I have started a process of seduction, luring him to the Goat Side step by step.  The first step was tasting goat cheese samples at the Farmers Market.  There we found a producer who does NOT use African goats for milk but uses European goats.  European goats produce less milk per unit feed, but they have less of the fats the Chubby Hubby hates.  He does not dislike some of the cheese this producer offers .... mind you they are cheeses mixed with other flavors.  Like ... Italian Chevre. Summer Chevre which is mixed with mango and pineapple.

So this week I bought the Summer Chevre - AND bribed him with buying him baby new potatoes from another vendor.  He's going to get some of that spread on good bread or crackers daily until it's gone.  Which won't take long.  Next weekend he'll taste more goat cheese at the Farmers Market, and I'll bring home another type.  Maybe a plain one, and I'll mix it with blueberries and a bit of blueberry syrup.  Or a savory flavor, that I can spread on crackers OR add to veggies.

A little a day.  Step by step.  Maybe next year he'll be ready for an aged one.

Frondly, Fern

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... never tasted goat's cheese. I've heard it's quite strong. Not sure I'd like to as well but each to their own!

    ReplyDelete