Friday, June 29, 2012

Heat Wave

Blessings Darlings!

Summer is surely here.  It is 105 degrees out right now, and will be about 100 for the next two days as well.  I'm grateful that my office is in the cool basement, and that I have a fan to handle the stuffiness from the humidity.

As a result of the high temperatures I'm NOT getting on any of the bicycles, road or stationary.  Yes, I should, but I'm not.  I'm being almost totally lazy.  What I AM doing are the upper body weights and I've added ... standing.  For at least 5 minutes out of every hour of the day, if I'm at my computer at all in that hour, I am standing while reading/typing.

I'm standing right now as I blog this, in fact.

It's not going to be a substitute for exercise, I know that.  It simply gets me off my pasty white ass for  5 minutes an hour every day.  Today, since I've been at the computer for at least 15 minutes every hour since I set this goal, I'm going to be at 20 minutes of extra standing by the time I finish this blog post.  I might even get another 30 minutes of standing in today, depending on how much time I spend by the computer here in the basement hiding from the heat.  Since the house is already clean, and I only have laundry on the line to deal with (the Spawn is bringing home pizza for dinner), I could easily spend most of the next 6 hours down here,  Heck, I might even sleep down here, which at least doesn't involve the computer so I won't be standing 5 minutes out of every hour all night long.

Oh, that pizza the Spawn is bringing home:  Spawn reads Sunday newspaper ads.  Pizza Hut is now offering a Garlic Bread Pizza.  Spawn is a garlic addict - when he makes garlic bread it can blow your head off.  So he's picking THAT up for us to try for dinner.  It should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. ACK! We're right there with ya on this heat! I've had enough already. Although the flowers and such are beautiful in the summer, the extreme heat and humidity the east coast gets, really sux. I'm praying for some snow! :)

    ReplyDelete