Friday, February 17, 2012

Occult Carry

Blessings Darlings!

Since we moved at the end of 2010, I'm now living in one of those states that share a boarder with Maryland AND has allowsconcealed carry of guns (Virginia? West Virginia? Pennsylvania?Delaware? - I'm not telling!).  This is new for me.  I've spent all my life living in Illinois and Maryland, two of the most restrictive states for gun laws.

It's a whole new world!

One amazing difference is that ..... you don't hear about road rage in the news here (at least not out in the boonies where I am, perhaps).  No tales of driver cutting another off, then playing speed follow and harass the other for miles.  It's like people realize you might be harassing someone that's armed and could reasonably feel in danger from a fool in a one ton motorized vehicle.

I'm not saying folks don't speed, and that they don't crawl up my tailpipe as I dare to go only the speed limit on highways, even the multiple lane oness.  But they end up just passing me and don't shout at me or try to cut me off or such.  And, let's face it - I'm a woman in her 50's driving an old sedan.  I don't LOOK like a danger, but in fact ANYONE could be carrying.  And I look like their sweet old mother .... who carries.

Okay, I also have some glamours on the car, and the spellwork might be part of it.  Still, drivers are SO much less jerks here.

I think it's part of the blessing of concealed carry.

Frondly, Fern

2 comments:

  1. You're definitely not in Delaware cause we drive like idiots over here..... well except for me! :)

    EdanaRayvn

    ReplyDelete