Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowls

Blessings Darlings!

I do not watch football.  I do not care who wins the Superbowl.  I am writing this Sunday at noon eastern time.

We DO, however, have a Family Tradition for Super Bowl Sunday.  We eat.

Now, to be honest, we eat every day and we eat too much every day.  But on Super Bowl Sunday we elevate this closer to an art.

So we have a a quart and a half of guacamole (we started with two quarts, but half of one container seems to have disappeared).  We have store-bought corn chips, and I'll make some fresh corn chips.  There will be ribs and rib-tips.  There will be home-made pizza with fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.  There will be celery sticks and blue cheese dressing (not that I eat that).  There will be chicken wings with three dipping sauces.  There are donuts and there are Rice Krispie Treats.  There is beer and wine. There are antacids.

BTW, there are only 3 of us eating.

I don't know if I'll be out of the food coma by the time this gets posted.  Oh, and I might watch the commericals, but I will certainly not watch the half time show.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment