Friday, February 3, 2012

Coven Rituals

Blessings Darlings!

As you  may know, for my PERSONAL practice I use my local climate/watershed/landmass for my cues.  So it's still a few weeks from Imbolc for my personal practice.

However, last night I celebrated Imbolc with my coven.  Because we set dates for celebrating High Days all at one time, once a year, so we are better able to arrange everyone's schedule.  And because the group members are spread over such a large geographical area that, say, hawthorn leaves are the size of a squirrel's ear at vastly different dates for some of us. 

If we were all in the same neighborhood, rather than spread across 3 states, we might better be able to see the local signs and then celebrate as a group 3 days later. But that's not our reality.  And even with everyone knowing the date in advance - had the celebration been on a night the Spawn was called in to work I'd not have been able to make it, and one coven member had to miss the ritual as it was.

That's life.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment