Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Charging a Magical Item

Blessings Darlings!

Back in the post on creating common spells, I mentioned 'charging magical items'.  I suppose some of y'all want me to tell you how to? Or at least what 'charging an item' MEANS?

Okay.

Charging is to fill an item with magical intent/essence/energy (depending on the working, your magical vocabulary, etc). With, say, a candle, it starts when you when you carve a word/name/sigil into it and/or 'dress' it with oil that you've added an appropriate herb or such to.  After that you REALLY work some energy into it.  You can move energy any way that work for you.  I OFTEN move the energy starting in my impersonal chakra (bright beyond words, over my head), down to my heart chakra, then out my arms/into hands/into item.  Sometimes I use a tone, AUM, color, etc.  It depends on the working, what system I'm working, what the intent is.

Charge it until it seems to be 'full' and not taking more energy in.

It's just that simple ... and just that complex.

Frondly, Fern

2 comments:

  1. This sounds about the same as how I do so with my workings, but a little more complicated. I don't really think of them as chakras, but I feel like its the same thing and just not the same word. It seems to be something that happens often when one looks in magic and energy.
    One question though, what is an AUM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm just not used to that spelling.

      Delete