Thursday, April 30, 2020

May Eve

Blessings Darlings!

Serious wind all night - serious rain (with flood warnings) for today.  I'm glad that I got all that garden work done yesterday, even tho' I'm achy today.

I'm assuming that that the leaves on the local hawthorn trees are the size of squirrel ears now, and thus that Bealtaine starts tonight.  I'm rather too old to schtupp in the fields or greenwood, so I'll have to do some other ritual actions.  For those wondering - just like Samhain is the name for an entire month, so is Bealtaine. 

Spent time today working on how I want to set up oil 'lamps' in the glass containers from used memorial candles.  Wicks will be thin strips of material from pieces of khaki material saved salvaged from pants of decades gone by (strips from material from cotton t-shirts didn't work as well, and I've no string mops).  Wicks will float on the oil  held in slices of cork wrapped in aluminum foil so the cork won't burn.  The oil can sit on top of a tea infused with herbs for the working.  The oil ... welp, while house cleaning I found a misplaced 1/2 gallon of olive oil, now WAY out of date.  It doesn't smell rancid, but I'm not about to cook with it.  So lamp oil it shall be.  

Getting the above all tested and gathering info on ideas for below the oil took up a bunch of my time today. 

later the same day ...

So the Bealtaine candle and flowers are going by the front door.  Now that it's dark, I'll do daily offerings soon.   

In Coronavirus news, tho' the numbers keep rising, states are opening.  Against all medical advice.  And if your state opens, and you don't feel safe rushing back to your job - in MOST states (mine included) you have to rush back to work or lose your unemployment.  This is why they are in such a rush to open.  To kill off more of the hostages.  

Frondly ... no, actually angrily, Fern


 

No comments:

Post a Comment