Sunday, April 26, 2020

April Ran Away.

Blessings Darlings!

Holy cow - April has run away with out me.  Here it is, practically the end of the month, and I'm WAY behind in getting things planted.  To be fair - I'm always behind in planting.  Every single year.  But I thought that this year would be different, being, ya know, jobless.  I DID get the garden beds more prepared than usual, but I'm totally behind on my seedlings.

This is only PARTLY because the damn pepper seeds didn't sprout.  I always have enough seeds that I can start three times as many seeds as I want plants, and do that three times over.  Today I did the 3rd planting.  With new store bought soil (tho' not soil for seeds).  We'll see how that goes.  I hope it does well.  Otherwise, I'll be buying a dozen pepper plants, some sweet, some hot.  And since I'm TRYING to sprout Anaheim Chillis, I don't know if stores will carry seedlings of them, so if they fail I might end up with jalapenos.  I started both Homestead and Rutgers tomatoes, tho' I'd really rather grow  Brandywines.  But I had seeds for these two types.

I'm only after 4 plants of each of them.  So I've started 12 seeds of each, hoping that 1/3 give me healthy sprouts.  Is that too much to ask?

Maybe.  We'll see.

I haven't even filled the buckets I had the Chubby Hubby drill drainage holes in with manure and straw, much less put the sweet potato slips in them.

News? Corona virus continues.  POTUS has issued orders that doctors don't have to treat gays or transsexual people if the doctors are assholes.  The feds keep stealing PPE from states/cities, and apparently giving them to third parties to sell. And Kim Jong Un, leader of North Korea, is dead. tho' for a while it seemed like he was Schrödinger's Kim. 

Oh, and there was the 'put disinfectant in people to cure COVID 19 episode. 

Meanwhile, I made a mix of the dry spices that go into Golden  Milk, and I'm adding them and some vanilla and sugar to my morning coffee.  I feel I should be ingesting that anyway, and more so with the circulatory system aspects of Covid 19.  I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either.  If I had hot cocoa before bed I might like it better in that, but I do that very very rarely. 

When I made up the mix, I realized I can't find my big container of cinnamon.  So I'll need that sometime soon.  I did find a back up small container, so I'm covered for this week.

Bread is rising here, and I made baked sweet potato 'fries'.  It looks as if the rest of the month is going to be rainy, which will further delay gardening.  Sigh.

Frondly, Fern




No comments:

Post a Comment