Thursday, April 9, 2020

Same crisis, different day

Blessings Darlings!

Boris Johnson is out of intensive care, and not by way of the morgue.

I worked in the garden, in the wind.  I also chased down the buckets I use in the garden, which had blown all around the yard.  The spinach still refused to sprout, as does the basil.  I've lost hope for them, but not for the parsley (which DOES take forever to sprout, the lavender, and the hot peppers.  Maybe they just want warmer weather, tho' I bring them in at night.

I don't really want to blog today.  Life during coronavirus isn't that different than life before it.  Life goes on.  You eat, you poop.  You have periods of utter panic if you're still working.  If you're not working, most folks worry about paying the bills.  But mostly, you do dishes.  You cook meals.  You clean house.  Most folks watch TV (I'm not much of a TV watcher, myself.)  I don't have more, or less, time than before, since this is the busy time of garden season, trying to prep the garden and get first plants in.  The only difference is that I don't have a day job to compete with the added work I have to do.  Or added work that I want to do, however you choose to phrase that.

I mean - I have a lot of cooking to do later today.  I'm going to prepare the filling for egg rolls, but not wrap them today.  Instead of doing it all in one day, I'll spread it over two days and get garden time in.   And Bob wants me to make Rick Krispie treats today.  With lots of vanilla.

I still haven't found a new daily schedule.  In fact, I slept in, with dreams featuring Passover, and my mother being passive aggressive, and a quiz sheet of 'battles in ancient Germanic/Norse lore' - which was a problem, since I can't seem to read things well in dreams.  There might be some personal message in the 'first' question on the list, where I could make out parts of two names, two people who were fighting each other.  And ... they might have been the same person, actually, depending on if it was a bad translation or not, so it could be one person fighting him/her self. 

Which makes sense - most of our fiercest battles are with our own self, and that's even more clear during isolation.

Ever inward!  Ever outward!

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment