Friday, April 3, 2020

It's a foodie Friday.

Blessings Darlings!

It looks like the beets are sprouting today. 

I'm bopping in and out of the house every 15 minutes for the next two hours, putting more soaked hickory chips on top of the charcoal in the smoker.  Today is "Smoke a pork shoulder roast" at Chez Fern.  It will be pulled pork tonight, egg rolls another night, and lots of other things.  It's been in the freezer for a couple of months.  I used part of it before freezing it, for a stir fry.  We'll have it with fried potato wedges and cole slaw - I bought an extra head of cabbage on the cusp of the stay at home orders, as well as a small (for us) 5 pound bag of potatoes.  I go thru' a lot of potatoes - the guys prefer rice.  Whatever.  Since the Spawn forgot to buy egg roll wrappers, I'll have to make those from scratch. 

Will I have enough time?  Welp ... yup.

Doing this IS going to 'not help' the knee tendonitis, due to the steps up and down from the door to the smoker.  Life is far from perfection, and 'not helping' is a fact of life. 

Bill Withers has died.  I'm sad, and listening to his music.

The Chubby Hubby has agreed to garden work this weekend.  The Spawn ... hasn't agreed, but I expect that he is just going to do it. 

3 pm:  pork shoulder has been smoked, is now in the over to actually cook.  The concept of making cole slaw is overwhelming me, for no actual reason.  Other than my back hurting, again, for no actual reason. 

Well, gotta finish the food and my day.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment