Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pushy Jewish Broad

Blessings Darlings!

I was raised Jewish, and I was raised in Skokie, Illinois.  That's sort of the epicenter of Chicagoland Middle Class Conservative Jewry.  By any ethnic consideration, I am a Jewitch, or Druish, depending on if you are coming from Wiccan or Druid perspective.  The 'woman of a certain size' version.

Which means that in business and social situations I tend to speak right up with my concerns/issues.  I do not suffer in silence - I make sure that everyone else suffers with me.  Add that to my Survivalist leanings, where a basic tenet is that s/he who hesitates is shot, and ... let's just say that when pushed I push back. Solidly.

Do you think I need a warning label?  Or just a camera crew to record the fun that occurs when folks don't realize this about me?

Frondly, Fern

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I vote for a camera crew, that would be some epicly entertaining television

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the camera crew, but I think I know how you feel. I'm an outspoken guy with strong political views and those views don't fall in line with any parties. It's sort of a double whammie. First they think I'm a loudmouth libertarian or liberal. Then I contradict one of those parties and they get confused so they keep listening. And in the long run I worry they they just leave the conversation annoyed at me for being an asshole.

    Honestly, I don't have a good solution. I literally worry about this twice a damn week. If you figure it out, please let me know. Until then I just putter about and do my thing.

    ReplyDelete