Monday, October 24, 2011

Life, The Universe, and Everything

Blessings Darlings!

It's been REALLY busy around here lately, but nothing worth blogging about!  Switching the garden from summer to fall/winter.  Switching my COOKING from summer to fall/winter (stews, soups, baking again now that I don't have to worry about heating the house in summer).  Working out transportation issues now that the Spawn works and we still only have 1 car that we are sharing among the 3 of us.  Trying to find time and money to visit my mother in the nursing home in Chicago.  The hard work of feeding a family on what we'd get if we were on food stamps (which I can only do because I work at home and can make damn near everything from scratch while still working).

In fact, I'm going to go throw some bones into the oven, because roasted bones make better soup stock.  Then I can bring them and saved carrot scrapings, etc, and water to a boil, and make more soup stock.  I've been going thru' GALLONS of that this month, and am trying to get every particle of flavor out of every bone.

Business has been busy, but as you hardware and software geeks know - all development takes longer than you think it will.  Which means we are behind on several client's projects, which means we haven't been paid for several client's projects. 

And I'd prefer to be at OccupyDC than here.  Partly because I'm still having hot flashes and camping in the cold sounds REALLY nice, but mostly because I'm fully behind forcing our congresscritters into making real campaign finance reform.

Frondly, Fern

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fern! Thanks for the stock tips..lol. Much love and blessings to you, your Mom & family. Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete