Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Trading Stocks

Blessings Darlings!

I love puns.  In this case, I'm trading talking about soup stocks for talking about trading stocks.  Or at least options on stocks.  I considered using 'stocks and bonds' as a title, but more than a few of you would have thought I'd be posting on some BDSM stuff.  Alas, this post isn't THAT interesting.

Anyway....

I've started back trading stock options.  But only in a small way - I've spent most of the investment money to pay for frivolous things like rent and food over the past couple of years.  So I'm only buying/selling one contract at a time and being very conservative ... even while doing investments where I can easily lose the entire investment if I don't do things right.

I didn't structure my last trade very well, but still made 5% in 4 trading days.  Not a fortune - that was $55 in profit.  But once I get more up to speed, I'm hoping that I'll double the return per trade while keeping my ASSets covered.

I like options because they take little up-front money (compared to buying stocks), don't risk more than you invest up front (unlike currencies), and can make money on either an up or down market.  Right now I'd say that the market, using the S&P500 as a marker, is going sideways, and I can handle that, too.

My biggest problem is that I tend to cut my wins off too soon.  I'm still working on that, among other skills.

Frondly, Fern


No comments:

Post a Comment