Saturday, March 21, 2020

Haul manure, bake bread (but wash up well between those actions)

Blessings Darlings!

Still working on hauling manure to the garden.  I expect that this will take a month of work, since I'm out of shape and not hauling much per day.  Garden will be very happy ... eventually.  Until then, my tendonitis will be whiny.

Yesterday's temperature hit 81F here, and beautifully sunny but windy.  Today it is only 49F, and cloudy, but at least the wind is calm. Life seems less surreal with the cloudiness, somehow. 

Went to the store to pick up my meds refills.  Virtually out of all meat and frozen foods.  Out of head lettuce, but did have leaf lettuce.   Almost out of paper towels and toilet paper, probably rationing them but I didn't check.  Staff there said mornings are still totally crazy. 

On the way home I stopped at a park and walked around for a while, then hit the empty area where they hope to build a new library and harvested some purple dead nettles.  I think I'll make crepes filled with them soon.

Today's cleaning project was our bedroom.  Got all of it done, which makes me happy.  Also did one load of laundry and line dried it.  Tomorrow - more work on the kitchen or dining room, along with manure hauling.  Maybe put together the composter or the cheapie greenhouse.  

Started re-reading Byron Ballard's "Earth Works:  Ceremonies in Tower Time".  She did an online Ostara ritual today, which I missed. 

Sorry I'm not doing Thoreau-level blogging, folks.  Not inspired to do that at this time.  Feel I should be doing SOMETHING, but this is kinda it.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment