Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Spring seeds

Blessings Darlings!

Yesterday I spent in the garden - today we have sleet and cold rain.  Pretty typical!

In today's part of "Quest for Vegetable Seeds", I was able to get to two different 'Dollar Stores'.  One I knew had seeds in (the Spawn had checked the day before, and reported 1 - they were in and 2 - they were 3 packets for a dollar) and one that I figured would have them as well.  Checking store #2 first turned out to be a good idea, as the seeds there were 4 packets for a dollar.  I got all the seeds they had that I wanted, then headed to the other store for anything else I could find.

So, for the sum of $6.50, I have two types of lettuce, three varieties of peppers, two types of summer squash, two types of hard/winter squash (sure wish any of 'em had had hubbard, but no), two types of radishes, two types of peas, cabbage, beets, turnips, cucumbers, beefsteak tomatoes, pole beans, and carrots.

I already have stevia, rosemary, oregano, thyme, ginger, turmeric, some green onions, one or two plants of Jerusalem artichokes, basil, purple sweet potatoes, lettuce, and turnips growing in the house for the winter.

I'll need some potatoes, some bulk beans, more onion sets, spinach seeds, etc.  I'd love to find peppers to make my own Paprika - I'd even be willing to smoke them. 

How's your garden planning going?

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment