Friday, May 4, 2012

Progress!

Blessings Darlings!

I've finally reached a GOOD milestone in my work on improving my eating habits.  For the first time .... I bought a big ol' 1 pound box of  organic spring mix AND WE ATE IT ALL BEFORE IT WENT BAD. 

Salads at dinner for everyone.  Salads as lunch or breakfast for me. Salads anointed with hard boiled eggs, or lentils, or leftovers, or whatever.  It took work and planning - I'm hoping that this gets more automatic over time. 

Next trip to the store I need to remember to get some fresh mozzarella for salads (as well as for pizzas), because Suz had one with that and drizzled balsamic vinegar that was AMAZING when we were out on Monday.  And today I'll roast portabellas and potatoes to re-create the salad I had while out ... wait, I'll need some feta for that, so that might wait.  I guess I'll just make some more lentils.

No, my weight isn't better.  And, yes, the spring mix was in a plastic box, and I have NO idea where they were grown.  So it didn't help all of my green and Pagan and Wiccan and health and environmental goals. 

Frondly, Fern


2 comments:

  1. Any progress is good. I still don't eat enough greens, and neither does my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete