Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cultus Interruptis

Blessings, Darlings!

Well, Pagani, it's Lent for our Roman Catholic friends.  And I'm sure it's one fast or another (or a fast is coming up soon) for our Greek Orthodox friends.  And my Jewish family is gearing up for Passover.

There is Cultus around us, but not Amongstus - not much cultus in the general neopagan community.

I'm not saying that there is NONE.  Suz does her monthly fast and offerings, my buddy Poison Spoon did a year of fasting a while back, not just her 'regular' periodic fasts (obviously not a 'no food at all' fast) .... but they are Reconstructionists, specifically Greek and Roman ones, respectively.  I really haven't seen Celtic or Heathen Reconstructionists do that level of cultus.

I'm just sort of  puzzling over the idea of this level of cultus, not yet sure if it's a good model for everyone, if it's got something to do with the lands of origin (the middle east, the Mediterranean), or what.

Anyone with hints?

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment