Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beat Cancer. Really.

Blessings, Darlings!

Y'all already know my frustrations with the #BeatCancer/Paypal/Twitter campaign that I blogged about a few days ago.  So, putting my time/energy where my fingers are, I figure I'll do something that might actually help folks beat cancer - post a tip every day or so on how to reduce your risk of cancer.

By this I'm NOT saying that getting cancer is any individual's fault.  What I AM saying is that recent research seems to indicate that most cancer has environmental causes/triggers.  Some of those causes we can reduce in our lives by our life choices.  Some of those causes we can work together and reduce in our environment.

To me, effort put into prevention makes as much sense as efforts put into finding cures.  But research and efforts in the US 'healthcare' system mostly - and I mean 98% - goes into diagnosis and treatment, not prevention.  We do not have a 'healthcare' system, we have a 'sickcare' system - it only activates for those who are already sick.  That's ass-backwards, in my never-humble opinion.  And this being my blog, my opinion is the one that gets more attention here.

This 'tip a day' thing won't be the only thing I plan to blog - I still hope to keep daily blogging on other topics near and dear to me.  That said - I can probably do daily tips even DURING the move, so they may be the bulk of what gets posted at times between now and the middle of November, since things will be crazy.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment