Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm a bad blogger

Blessings, Darlings!

I know - I've been missing in action, and not blogging.  But it's because life has had SO VERY MUCH action.

I've been canning and drying food.  I've been balancing paying creditors while my husband (and thus our business) has been working on bringing out a new product line instead of doing consulting which actually brings in cash.  Yeah, new products will pay off 'someday' - but Baltimore Gas and Electric wants their bill paid NOW.

And - get this - our landlord stopped paying the mortgage a year ago April.  The house we rent has been foreclosed on.  We just got our formal notice that we have to move. By law we have 90 days.  But we will lose consulting income during a move, since we have a home-based business.

Right now we don't even know what state we want to move to. Stay in Maryland? Move to Pennsylvania? West Virginia? Indiana?

I'm a bit overwhelmed, and part of why I've not blogged is that EVERYTHING I typed seemed too whiny to publish. 

In good news, the spawn has officially dropped out of college, but has finally gotten a job.  Part time, slinging chicken at Popeye's.  It's a good thing.  And the garden is producing huge amounts of tomatoes and cucumbers, as well as marvelous grapes.  I just planted fall crops before we got notice to move, dang it ..... ooops, heading towards whining.... The torn meniscus in my knee is doing better, I'm working out on the exercise bike and regularly increasing the resistance.

But ... having a ton of canned food isn't a great thing for moving.  So I'm stopping the canning and dehydrating instead, and we're going to push eating canned foods at every meal up to the move. Which is a shame to have to do when veggies are still cheap and available!  Fresh beans are 79 cents a pound this week, and we're eating canned beans instead of saving them for when fresh beans are $2/lb or unavailable.  Le Sigh.

Well, that's the summary.  I've got all sorts of ideas for what I'd like to be posting here, but time's going to be scarce for the next few months.

Anyone have a house with some 2200 square feet of living space available to rent, for $1500 to $2000, east of the Mississippi and from DC on north?

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment