Saturday, January 23, 2010

"You" Time

Blessings, Darlings!

It's Saturday Morning.

Are you awake? Are you sleeping in? What are your plans for the day?

If you have a 'typical' work schedule, then Saturday Morning is YOUR time. It doesn't belong to your job, or getting ready to go to your job. It's the time you can spend working on YOUR goals. Not just getting a few minutes in on them, but big gobs of time in on them.

So why do so many people spend their free time Saturday Morning sleeping in? Or their free time evenings watching hours and hours of crap on TV?

I'm not anti-sleep, or anti-relaxation ... but I keep hearing folks say that they don't have time to achieve their goals, and these same people are telling me all about what was on TV last night, or how they slept in on Saturday until the kids needed them. Babygirl, if you're asleep while your kids are asleep in the morning, and watching TV while they are in bed in the evening, then you're going to have to work on your goals while they are awake. Which is why you don't get anything useful done.

I'm not saying that I'm some paragon at this. It's something I constantly struggle with. But I've learned that even a little bit of 'better ME time management' always pays off so much and so quickly!

Sometime in the next few weeks, when I address Time Management in the Monday Health Series, I'll address why multitasking doesn't work well as a strategy for getting goals accomplished. For now, the call to action is to use your "My Time" wisely. Don't squander it!

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment