Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Lost Plants

 Blessings Darlings!

I just added up what my garden has lost to the drought so far............

One blueberry bush.
4 out of 6 transplanted Swiss Chard (I was just trying to add to the one's that survived the winter.)
Two out of 10 sweet peppers.
All but 4 of the carrots seeded (probably around 45 lost)
All but 30 of the turnips seeded) probably around 20 lost.
All but 1 of the beets seeded (around 50 lost).
All the radishes seeded.

I'm currently harvesting lamb's quarters from where the carrots, neeps,beets, and radishes were seeded.

This is on top of all the early things I started as seeds that didn't get moved in during a bad frost - a LOT of tomatoes, peppers, Swiss Chard, etc.  Those were just due to lack of communication that I needed help from the family.

Yes, I keep records about what works and what doesn't work in the garden.  Memory fades.  The internet (or well kept notebooks) last forever.

Frondly Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment