Saturday, July 27, 2013

Unobtainable Fantasies.

Blessings Darlings!

 If I see one more "Being a Witch is a way of life" captioned picture where the picture is some skinny young thing in "obvious witch-clothes" (flimy dress that goes to the ground, big boobs supported (apparently) by magic because there is no bra and no way physics can explain their perkiness, wearing a pointed hat, and/or a pentacle the size of a dinner plate) I might start bitchslapping people.

Is that REALLY how you look on a typical day?  I call BS.  MY 'way of life' doesn't include dry-clean-only witchclothes at all, let alone for every-day wear.  I'm sitting here now in my typical summer life style clothes - remember, it's hot and humid here and we don't use much air conditioning (because THAT is a way of life).  So I'm in a nice pair of shorts today, and a white tank top.  My wet hair is in a turban with one of my standard towels - this one is 25 years old, and rather frayed around the edges, because using things up IS a life style.  Pizza is for dinner tonight, which I mention only because when I sit down to eat I'll be wearing a chef's apron so I have LESS chance of staining my clothes with the tomato sauce.  Because, you know, gravity always bats last.

You who post those pics may be young and beautiful - but those are temporary blessings/conditions, not a life style.  You don't wear those clothes in your day to day life ... you may be one of the fools who wear the plate sized pents daily, I suppose.  But if you have bodacious tatas, they aren't that perky. 

If you mean that your lifestyle is a fantasy, get over it and join the real world.  Embrace who you REALLY are, not some unobtainable fantasy of who you wish you were.  That, my dears, is what is really meant by the occult term 'being grounded'. 

Frondly, Fern

5 comments:

  1. I love this post so much I want to have its babies.

    My witchclothes are t-shirts and pajama pants or jeans, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *applause*

    This video does it better than I can... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day attire --jeans and t-shirt--And as a guy, I would look funny with big perky boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with this! It is so annoying all those fake witch pictures of skinny supposed witches. I would love to see more real pictures of fellow witches, especially more plus sized ones like myself! woot woot.

    ReplyDelete