Saturday, June 30, 2012

Local Food

Blessings Darlings!

We've been visiting one of the local Farmers' Markets on Saturday Mornings for the past month or so.  Lovely local food. Higher prices than Big Chain Stores.  We haven't been buying much, tho' I did barter some bialys for mushrooms.

I THINK we're going to set a budget for buying starting today.  Maybe $20, get some beans, meat, maybe some goat cheese.  It's a HUGE decision for me.  I really want to eat more locally, support local businesses, eat more organics.  But while we have money to do with with this week, I know that the Chubby Hubby will lose a month of billable work due to the MASTERs conference and visiting his mother, so money's going to be kind of non-existent in August and September.  The things I'll be spending $20 on at the Farmers' Market would be $10 or less (not organic and with lots of food miles on it) at the grocer.  Due to the heat I'm NOT going to be bartering baked goods for a while, either.  Tho' I suppose I could do the baking on a pizza stone on a covered grill.  Hmmm.

Frondly, Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment